Flossing is often overlooked, but it’s an important part of maintaining your oral health. In this blog, we will explore why flossing is so important and the benefits it can provide. With regular flossing, you can help prevent cavities, gum disease, and more. Read on to discover the importance of flossing and how it can help keep your mouth healthy!
How to Floss?
- Purchase a package of waxed dental floss.
- Break off about 18 inches of floss from the container.
- Wrap the ends of the floss around your middle fingers on both hands.
- Hold the floss tightly between your thumbs and index fingers.
- Gently guide the floss between your teeth using a back-and-forth sawing motion.
- Curve the floss into a C shape against one tooth and then under the gum line.
- Slide the floss up and down the side of the tooth.
- Repeat the process on every tooth
What are the benefits of Flossing?
Flossing is an important part of oral health care that can help you maintain a healthy smile. The common benefits of flossing are listed below:
- Reduced Risk of Gum Disease
- Fresher Breath
- Reduced Tooth Decay
- Improved Oral Health
- Cleaner Teeth
- Prevention of Plaque Build-up
- Reduced Cavities
- Reduced Bad Breath
- Strengthened Gums
- Reduced Inflammation
By taking the time to floss each day, you can experience all of these benefits and more! So if you haven’t been flossing regularly, now is the time to start. Your mouth will thank you in the long run.
If you’re looking for more information about flossing and how to get started, book an appointment with Wilmington Periodontics and Implants. Our team of experienced dentists can provide personalized advice and develop a plan that works best for you. Take the first step towards a healthier mouth today – contact us now!