Have you taken the ultimate best decision for teeth replacement? If the answer is a yes, then you probably might be looking for ways to care for your dental implants in Wilmington. In this blog, we will shed light on the best ways to care for your implants.
After surgery care
If you have recently gotten surgery for dental implant placement in Wilmington, there are a few things you should take care of.
- You may notice some swelling just after surgery. However, there is nothing to worry about as this is normal. Just wrap some ice in a cloth and compress it against your cheeks.
- Do not poke around the implant or disturb it, as you may end up shifting it.
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene. Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and low abrasive toothpaste. Make sure you do not disturb the implant in the process.
- Floss regularly.
- Use a mouth rinse to ensure your mouth is as clean as possible.
- If your doctor has prescribed you with medicines, make sure to take them on time.
Dental implant care after healing
Once your implant heals, your dentist will place a crown and complete the procedure. After this, taking care of the implant becomes easy as it imitates a natural tooth. All you need to ensure is to maintain good oral hygiene. Make sure you clean around the implant well so that no plaque formation can take place. Any bacterial growth around the implant can cause its failure and lead to gum diseases. Use a soft interdental brush to clean below the crown and use a mouth rinse regularly.
If you have any more questions or would like to know more about our dental implant services, please reach out to us. Our team of excellent dental professionals at Wilmington Periodontics and Implants is here to assist you.